locking threads

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonophan79
Victor IV

locking threads

Post by phonophan79 »

Why would this board lock a thread after some inflammatory posts have been made?

If you're going to censor the board like this, just delete the posts inflammatory posts alltogether. ...especially when it was only 1-2 inflammatory posts among a normal discussion thread.

Now the posts are just sitting there for all the world to see, but the thread is locked? So two people got to make their point while the rest of the board is locked out?

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: locking threads

Post by brianu »

phonophan79 wrote:Why would this board lock a thread after some inflammatory posts have been made?

If you're going to censor the board like this, just delete the posts inflammatory posts alltogether. ...especially when it was only 1-2 inflammatory posts among a normal discussion thread.

Now the posts are just sitting there for all the world to see, but the thread is locked? So two people got to make their point while the rest of the board is locked out?
dean,

rather than start a new thread that may very well lead to a crazy tangent on censorship and unamericanism, just email, or send a message, to david, as he asked people to do on the other thread regarding all this.

brian

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

Dean,

I was away this week-end so I had David lock the threads until I had a chance to read them. I will be deleting any inappropriate posts this evening.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

That's fine... this thread was made before David's explanation was posted.