Phonograph-Playground Ethics for Kids of All Ages

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Neophone
Victor III

Re: Phonograph-Playground Ethics for Kids of All Ages

Post by Neophone »

Ladies & Gentlemen,

First off let me offer you all my most profound apologies for this incident. As many of you know I went away this week-end to visit a fellow collector and I didn't have the foresight to bring my password with me.

First off, if race, creed, color, sexual orientation, or political affiliation is up for debate-this is NOT the place to do it. Free speech is not absolute! Just ask the Supreme Court.

This forum and many others exist to promote a hobby and share information, that is absolute. We, none of us, can make assumptions or judgments on who is entitled to this information. If anyone here feels a person is misrepresenting themselves for any reason he or she is entitled and encouraged to withhold commenting or assistance to said person, however none of us can be allowed to vent such suppositions publicly in a manner that attacks any individual. That is a completely different subject than the administration (me) privately disciplining a member for inappropriate comments relating to the character of another member. That is the duty of any governing body. Everyone here is intelligent enough to know that. Any attempt to entwine the one to the other or misdirect the focus will fail.

I have no desire to bar anyone from this forum, as I have said before, ALL are welcome. I will, though, do whatever it takes to keep this a civil forum, if that means I must ban I will-as a last resort. We have an amazing and wonderful bunch of folks here, I feel honored and blessed to be associated with all of you. Let's get back to business!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!