Show us your needle tins!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Show us your needle tins!

Post by gramophoneshane »

In the spirit of our recent duster thread, I thought it might be nice to share some of the rare or unusual needle tins many of us would have in our collections.
I'll start off with 3 I recently picked up.
The first is an early Edison Bell "Winner" tin, followed by a French HMV tin, and an Arcadia needle dispenser, with a rotating lid & slot for the needles to be tipped out from.
Attachments
gram access 011.JPG
gram access 013.JPG
gram access 013.JPG (101.2 KiB) Viewed 1609 times
gram access 018.JPG

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Re: Show us your needle tins!

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Okay. It's raining (again) and I can't go out and play so here are a few tins..they were all bought in Canada originally, I can be 99.9% sure. Britain's Best were sold by Eaton's Department Store. The Columbia is the prettiest.

Jim
Attachments
DSC02760.JPG
DSC02761.JPG
DSC02766.JPG
DSC02762.JPG

Roaring20s

Post by Roaring20s »

This is the only one I have that is not common.

Here is the only cardboard one I have too.

The underside of the box states that these are good for ten plays. Really?

James.

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Post by SonnyPhono »

Still trying to catch up with the old posts as I am only about a week old on this forum. So far, you have all been very helpful and I thank you all for that. I picked up my first two needle tins today at a small antique shop. They were inside a VE-4-40X that was grossly over priced, so I made an offer for the two tins inside. We settled for $5.00 for the both of them. They are full, (aside from about 3 needles missing) and are the Tung-Stone needles in the Victor tins. Pretty neat as I have never seen them before. From what I understand, they play more than just once per record.

I was especially interested in the one that says "Samples" instead of the actual loudness. I have found in research that most say "full tone", "loud", extra loud" or soft. But I haven't come across a "sample" tin yet. So I thought it was a good deal. Cant get enough of this hobby/lifestyle!

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

SonnyPhono,

Two tins of Tungs-Tones for a fin is a great deal! Congratulations!

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan