Columbia Phonograph Parts

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Ampico66
Victor I

Columbia Phonograph Parts

Post by Ampico66 »

I found an outside horn disc machine in an antique store. I think it's a Columbia. There are no markings. The bracket that held the horn on is gone. The two thumb screws are present. The reproducer is also gone. It may be like a Victor M in that the reproducer may have just fit on the end of the horn. The dealer wants $175 for it. I wouldn't mind buying it except I can't do anything with a base, motor, turn table, crank and horn and nothing else. It's a very small machine. I have a Victor III and it's probably ¾ the size or smaller.

My question is.... does anyone have spare parts or know if reproduction brackets are made for Columbia? I know Ron Sitko makes them for Victor.

Damon

JohnM
Victor V

Re: Columbia Phonograph Parts

Post by JohnM »

"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Re: Columbia Phonograph Parts

Post by SonnyPhono »

I have a VERY early Columbia disc graphophone that is not complete. It is just the cabinet, motor, turntable and front mount support arm. It is very small and in good condition. I was holding on to it waiting for the right parts to come by but am willing to sell it to complete someone's machine. If you could get a picture off the internet identifying the cabinet so we can pinpoint a model it might help. If we can find the exact model, we can see if my parts would help you. Either way, that sounds like a good price considering what the parts sell for individually from these early Columbia machines.