Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
RJSoftware
Victor Jr

Your opinion please

Post by RJSoftware »

Hello

Your opinion please...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0331427334

I took a chance because seller did not wish to show the motor, due to lack of ability to disassemble.

I did get a copy of private pic of arm support bracket and it was not the typical replica type (that I know of).

RJ

Neophone
Victor III

Re: Your opinion please

Post by Neophone »

RJ,

After a quick look it appears to be a common crapophone.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

RJ,

I think this has been thoroughly covered over on the Edison board, and certainly I’m not qualified to answer, but other people might wish to offer an opinion.

I apologize for being slow to approve the guest post (which I assigned to your account after realizing it was yours)—the link wasn’t working, and prior to seeing it (with working link) over on the Edison board, I didn’t see how we could discuss it.

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Yep, I'm sorry to say but that's indeed a crapo, maybe partially cobbled together with some few old parts. But most of them look newer to me.

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

It's a Frankenphone, not a Crapophone. There is a difference! Crapos are made overseas . . . Frankens are made out of misc parts married together in someone's basement. Fly the kites!
Young Frankenstein.jpg
Young Frankenstein.jpg (36.42 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

JohnM wrote:It's a Frankenphone, not a Crapophone. There is a difference! Crapos are made overseas . . . Frankens are made out of misc parts married together in someone's basement. Fly the kites!

John M
John,

I stand corrected sir! ;)

Regards,
John :D

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!