Victor VE-410

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
NavyPadre
Victor Jr

Victor VE-410

Post by NavyPadre »

I just inherited this VE-410. electric. However, the motor does not run. When I opened the cabinet...I see that it appears that "something"...resistor? has failed. Can anybody tell me what this is...how can i replace it?

The cabinet is is great condition....and I would like to get it to work. Thanks!

Tom Cook
Forest Grove, Oregon
Attachments
imagejpeg_1.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Victor VE-410

Post by JerryVan »

The motor should run on 32 volts. The resistor cuts the line voltage from 120V to 32V. Take a voltage reading at the socket where the motor plugs in to see if you've got 32V. If so, the resistor is probably fine.

NavyPadre
Victor Jr

Post by NavyPadre »

thanks....I will see what other means I can do to drop line voltage to 32 volts.

Tom Cook

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

NavyPadre wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:07 pm thanks....I will see what other means I can do to drop line voltage to 32 volts.

Tom Cook
So you've confirmed that you're not getting 32V? Until I could find the resistor block for my Victrola XVIII I used a variac. Worked great.

NavyPadre
Victor Jr

Post by NavyPadre »

thanks. yes....I used a variac...runs fine. thanks again.

Any idea as to the value of this model? Page states only 250 were made as VE-410.

Tom Cook

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

The console style Victrolas are not a collectable as the uprights so condition is very important. http://www.victor-victrola.com/410.htm says 650 were made with an electric motor. The value might be difficult to assess as the demand is low.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

MarkELynch
Victor II

Post by MarkELynch »

Tom and all,

Victor had an extensive support system for their dealers. There is no need to guess about the repair information when it is fully documented. Please see Service Bulletin No 19 regarding the Universal Electric motor. I just posted a copy from my collection in the Archives section of this forum.

Here is the link: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=53478

Mark