Interesting Auction on Monday

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tcmeeno
Victor O

Interesting Auction on Monday

Post by tcmeeno »

I just joined the forum and thought you guys might like to see some interesting phonographs selling on Monday Aug 3. Go to http://www.shaverauction.com and click on photo album. Apparently a collector with no family, and they are selling his collection.
Thanks Terry

JohnM
Victor V

Re: Interesting Auction on Monday

Post by JohnM »

Thanks for posting this. It looks like a fun auction with great variety -- haven't been to one with so many machines in a long while. I don't see anything staggeringly rare, but that is more than made up for in volume. Great auction for dealers and for parts, for sure! That long case phone next to the cuckoo clock looks early and intriguing (I'm gonna hit Google and try to figure out what it is), and the glimpse of just a few cabinet model machines makes me want to see more of them. I wonder if there's any records?

Wish I could go!

John M
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

tcmeeno
Victor O

Post by tcmeeno »

Me too, John.
When I saw all those horns, I thought there must be someone who could use them.
I am 6 hour drive away in Alberta, my wife wants to go but our house is full (not just phonos) so I think I better stay home. There is an early Columbia disc player I could use for parts though.
Terry

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

Wow, thats an amazing see. It is interesting how many isolated collectors are still out here. Thats one reason I prefer to part with things while I can know where much of it goes rather than out in the yard to totally uninterested people.

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

Western Canada was Babson Brothers territory. The of course were the Chicago Edison mail order kings ,but they also sold out of the Winnipeg branch so I'm not surprised at the number of Edison machines. Babson advertised heavily in all the farm magazines. I want one of those Homes!!!

J