What model Gem is this?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gramophoneshane
Victor VI

What model Gem is this?

Post by gramophoneshane »

I've just bought myself a Edison Gem on ebay, and was wondering what model it is.
It's going to need complete restoration, and probably a base & lid?, but it's not too bad for $250- out here anyway :)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0363366715

Shane
Victor II

Re: What model Gem is this?

Post by Shane »

Looks like a Model B to me. This is assuming the piece on the table below the unit is the crank for it. Model A's used a key wind instead of a crank, so that's where my assumption comes from. Also, its hard to see from the picture, but it appears there is an endgate. If present, that would exclude it being a C.

gramophoneshane
Victor VI

Post by gramophoneshane »

Thanks Shane. Since posting this, I had a look around & it looks like a Model B for sure.
Now I've just got to find someone that sells a complete set of decals for it. APSCO & Wyatt's only appear to have the Gem letters.

bostonmike1
Victor I

Post by bostonmike1 »

G.S.------No guarantee but try Greg Cline at zonophone@woh.rr.com he may be able to help you or at least re-direct you. Michael

bostonmike1
Victor I

Post by bostonmike1 »

bostonmike1 wrote:G.S.------No guarantee but try Greg Cline at zonophone@woh.rr.com he may be able to help you or at least re-direct you. Michael
Actually, now that I think, try Greg first and if he cannot help you, ask Maroongem on the Edison Board. He is a great source of information in matters such as this. Michael

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

bostonmike1 wrote:
bostonmike1 wrote:G.S.------No guarantee but try Greg Cline at zonophone@woh.rr.com he may be able to help you or at least re-direct you. Michael
Actually, now that I think, try Greg first and if he cannot help you, ask Maroongem on the Edison Board. He is a great source of information in matters such as this. Michael
Shane,

Congrats! A nice find. I second Mike's opinion regarding Bill. He knows his Edisons!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!