How do you store and display your collections?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tomb
Victor IV

Re: How do you store and display your collections?

Post by tomb »

Django wrote:
Andreas Gramophones wrote:In my case everything seemed easy, I have a house with 3 rooms, one of them very large that I use to store the machines, it happens that it filled up and I started to occupy the other two rooms, it is very difficult, I do not intend to stop buying and space is already a real problem. I keep everything in order, with a certain tightness, there are some pictures of the current situation.
When I ran out of floor I made shelves from period furniture that had seen better days. When you really run out of room you can sell your least favorites and upgrade. You have a nice collection, so the upgrade might be a high bar. Just my two cents.

Here is my broken table and damaged sheet music stand. I am not generally a fan of re-purposing, but these were not something that I felt were worth restoring and finding the right shelf can be nearly impossible.
I like your furniture Idea.. I was just taking a old round table to good will. I think it will get repurposed. Tom B

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

You fellows are lucky to have vertical walls for shelves!

George P.
DSC_0027.JPG

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

phonogfp wrote:You fellows are lucky to have vertical walls for shelves!

George P.
DSC_0027.JPG
You are lucky to have wood beams at the ceiling for hanging horns ;) :D

Andreas

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

alang wrote:
You are lucky to have wood beams at the ceiling for hanging horns ;) :D

Andreas
I very nearly covered them over when we converted the attic! I was explaining to the drywall guy what I wanted done, and it suddenly occurred to me... Wait a minute... DUH. :roll:

George P.

Andreas Gramophones
Victor I

Post by Andreas Gramophones »

George, I imagine that paradise is just like your space.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Andreas Gramophones wrote:George, I imagine that paradise is just like your space.
From someone (me) who has spent a considerable amount of time in George's "belfry" (as he affectionately refers to it): it's pure Zen. And there's so much more beyond the scope of that picture!

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

fran604g wrote:
Andreas Gramophones wrote:George, I imagine that paradise is just like your space.
From someone (me) who has spent a considerable amount of time in George's "belfry" (as he affectionately refers to it): it's pure Zen. And there's so much more beyond the scope of that picture!

Best,
Fran
Andreas,
Thank you for such a nice compliment. It looks as though you have constructed your own paradise in São Paulo!

And Fran, you're always welcome to stop in for some Zen. That is, until Barbie comes up the stairs calling, "Hello losers!" ;)

George P.

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

phonogfp wrote:
fran604g wrote:

Best,
Fran
Andreas,
Thank you for such a nice compliment. It looks as though you have constructed your own paradise in São Paulo!

And Fran, you're always welcome to stop in for some Zen. That is, until Barbie comes up the stairs calling, "Hello losers!" ;)
George P.
Ain't it the truth! :lol: :lol: :lol: She's got me pegged. :)
Best,
Franeola
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

After 41 years of marriage, she CERTAINLY has me pegged! :lol:

George P.

NateO
Victor I

Post by NateO »

fran604g wrote:

Best,
Fran
I wanted to add a hearty second to this. I've been lucky enough to visit both George and Fran's collections, and can attest that they are incredible, both in display and quality! Plus, they are a couple of pretty great guys as well.

I'm all too familiar with struggling to display a collection, especially still living at home. I currently have 9 machines displayed in my bedroom, and much to my mother's dismay, another 2 uprights and a VV-VI in the finished basement.

After seeing some of the suggestions here, I think shelves may be the way to go! After all, I'm looking for a Victor R to match the oxidized copper light fixture...

Nate
Attachments
5 of the 9 machines in the bedroom- sorry about the poor photo.
5 of the 9 machines in the bedroom- sorry about the poor photo.
- Nathan