Restamped reproducer C to H on Model B Standard

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Restamped reproducer C to H on Model B Standard

Post by DGPros »

I have been doing some searching and haven't found much about re-stamped reproducers, other than this one thread http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... reproducer This re-stamped model C was found on an Edison
model B "Tall Standard"(swing-arm, Edison logo case, speed controller underneath, speed test marks, etc) I'm guessing around 1906-7 since it has the tufts of grass in the corners. It has been converted to a 2-4 minute model, and I'm guessing at this point a "dealer" refit the reproducer to the "H" reproducer. I found this to be quite interesting, and would like to hear from the more knowledgeable among us on their take, and if mine is accurate. Thanks Gary
Attachments
2017-01-24 13.03.11.jpg
2017-01-22 21.28.45.jpg
2017-01-22 21.28.54.jpg
2017-01-24 12.51.14.jpg
2017-01-24 12.50.56.jpg
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Restamped reproducer C to H on Model B Standard

Post by phonogfp »

That's interesting - - I've never seen that before.

The machine left the factory about April 1907, so the Amberol Attachment was obviously added later.

Steve Medved wrote a series of articles on the various Edison Reproducers for The Antique Phonograph. In the December 2015 issue, his article covered the Model H. Although Steve didn't show a re-stamped weight like this, he showed a couple of conventional H weights attached to earlier tube-plates, which he believes are factory repairs/refittings. The overstamped C weight is clearly factory.

George P.

DGPros
Victor III
Personal Text: Gary

Re: Restamped reproducer C to H on Model B Standard

Post by DGPros »

phonogfp wrote:That's interesting - - I've never seen that before.

The machine left the factory about April 1907, so the Amberol Attachment was obviously added later.

Steve Medved wrote a series of articles on the various Edison Reproducers for The Antique Phonograph. In the December 2015 issue, his article covered the Model H. Although Steve didn't show a re-stamped weight like this, he showed a couple of conventional H weights attached to earlier tube-plates, which he believes are factory repairs/refittings. The overstamped C weight is clearly factory.

George P.
Thanks for the information and link. It was great to be able and find the article right on the APS website too. :D
In short, is not liberty the freedom of every person to make full use of his faculties, so long as he does not harm other persons while doing so?
Frederic Bastiat