Cylinder Transparencies

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Zeppy
Victor III

Re: Cylinder Transparencies

Post by Zeppy »

Valecnik wrote:Zeppy acutally is it not a French label under the remains of an English label?

Actually, It's your eyes playing tricks on you. That corner is an area where the French label has peeled away to show the English label underneath (and not the other way around).

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

Got it. Very interesting. I can see it now after you point it out but it seemed the other way before.

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

Zeppy wrote:Can I share too?
Zeppy,

Of course! Although they’re easier for me to cut out (when I get to them) if they’re photographed against a solid contrasting background. (Note that I said ‘easier’—your photos are definitely usable, and I foresee them being cut out in the future.)

I really like the idea of having non-English cylinder boxes to add to the avatar collection...it’s too bad that it isn’t as easy to cut out a cylinder box as it is to do a record label, or we’d have tons of those, also.

Almost all of the cylinder avatars we have are Norman’s—I’ve only made 23% of the ones we have so far (and 20% of mine were uploaded today). ;)

(Thanks again, Norman!)

Here’s another transparency of the Columbia cylinder that solophoneman generously provided for me to photograph at the last MOCAPS meeting:

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

Nice cutting jobs, David! :)