slightly o/t: worth this much?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Schmaltz
Victor I
Personal Text: "Shut Your Eyes and See" (J. Joyce)

Re: slightly o/t: worth this much?

Post by Schmaltz »

phonophan79 wrote:I LOVE my front loading turntable... but I got this for around $100, not $600.
Very sweet! I found one of those too, at Goodwill a while ago, but yours is nicer (mine doesn't have the plastic guard-glass panel; always told myself I could cut a new one out of stock plastic but I haven't got around to it).
Visit the virtual jukebox at The Old Schmaltz Archives.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

In that video, I bought that receiver specifically because it had both a specific "phono" pre-amp input and "digital audio" inputs. It's getting harder and harder to find new technology with a PHONO input.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

Is this the "greatest record player in the world"? ...for $11,000?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0508440180

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

phonophan79 wrote:It's getting harder and harder to find new technology with a PHONO input.
I should probably make an attempt to look this up myself, but out of curiosity—what is the difference between a phono input and the paired (red and white) RCA input?

— MordEth

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

Well, a phono-input is a RCA (red/white) input, but the receiver has a built in pre-amp.

For example, the Sony PS-FL7II front-loading turntable video I posted earlier... I would have to use an external pre-amp to boost the signal to line to use it on a non-phono input.