Brunswick 3 Way Ultona Reproducer with Gold Trim

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
CDBPDX
Victor V
Personal Text: A Hobbyist Specializing in Sales and Repair of Spring Motor Phonographs

Brunswick 3 Way Ultona Reproducer with Gold Trim

Post by CDBPDX »

I recently acquired a Brunswick phonograph with a 3 way Ultona reproducer that has gold trim. This is the first one I've seen with gold trim, including several Brunswicks with gold hardware that had nickel plated reproducers. Is this a special order trim? The molding on the Edison side is different than the regular nickel plated reproducers.

This was shown as part of another thread http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... =2&t=30371, but I think it is interesting enough to have it's own thread.

Cliff
Attachments
tn-700_Brunswick-ChinesePaint_0005.JPG
tn-700_Brunswick-ChinesePaint_0007.JPG
tn-700_Brunswick-ChinesePaint_0009.JPG
tn-700_Brunswick-ChinesePaint_0006.JPG
tn-700_Brunswick-ChinesePaint_0006.JPG (317.07 KiB) Viewed 979 times
tn-700_Brunswick-ChinesePaint_0008.JPG
Cliff's Vintage Music Shoppe, Castle Rock, WA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIz_IpaVrW8

donniej
Victor III

Re: Brunswick 3 Way Ultona Reproducer with Gold Trim

Post by donniej »

I have an Ultona tone arm and reproducer, the tone arm is gold but the external reproducer parts are all nickel. The parts inside the diaphragms appear to be brass (like the one in your pics).
Yours uses panhead screws to hold the flanges on, mine has flathead screws. This seems to be a common difference between Ultona's.

dutchman
Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Hey CDBPDX I just brought home a early Brunswick I have photos posted on the CL section. The reproducer is just like yours but not as pretty. What would keep the head from rotating? Thanks

Bill K

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

Hi Cliff,

Well, it is not one of a kind. This is the exact same reproducer assembly as found on my Brunswick Model 27, plating and all. I am missing the round ID medallion, needle cup lid, motor board screws, and the the round gizmo and associated screw that holds the reproducer onto the tone arm. I also have a Model 127, but with a gold tonearm and nickled reproducer assembly (which I assume is incorrect). Even the shaft with the counterbalance slide is nickle plated (I think it should be gold) on this model 127.

Nice parts machine you have there ;) ,
Bob