DJ phonograph maybe a new trend? video

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
jnorman111
Victor O

DJ phonograph maybe a new trend? video

Post by jnorman111 »

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: DJ phonograph maybe a new trend? video

Post by Valecnik »

The guy that filmed this also has a radio show in the US where he plays 20s dance and jazz music. If anybody is interested I can get you more info on it. I think it's WAMU, available on broadcast or internet but would need to check.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

Looks like a lot of fun!

Neophone
Victor III

Post by Neophone »

D..,

You said it! That look like a wonderful affair!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

phonophan79
Victor IV

Post by phonophan79 »

MordEth
Victor IV
Personal Text: Contact me for TMF tech support.

Post by MordEth »

phonophan79 wrote:NOT modern DJ available (NYC)
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/evs/1450910005.html
Michael Cumella’s Crank-Up Phonograph DJ Experience brings sophisticated and culturally stimulating entertainment to your event. Michael provides two period disc phonographs and plays 78’s circa 1900-1929 for a quirky and engaging musical experience. A unique alternative to the modern DJ, the music ranges from ragtime to dance bands, instrumentalists to songsters. Visually fascinating and vastly entertaining, the music is perfect for either dancing or as atmospheric ambiance. Not only suitable for vintage themed events, Michael Cumella’s Crank-Up Phonograph DJ Experience will thrill your guests’ ears and eyes.

Since 1995, Michael (aka MAC) can be heard on WFMU’s Antique Phonograph Music Program, 91.1 FM in the NYC area at 7pm every Tuesday or around the world at http://www.wfmu.org/playlists/.

Proudly supporting phonograph discussion boards, hosting phonograph sites and creating phonograph videos since 2007.
Need web hosting or web (or other graphic) design? Support MordEth by using BaseZen Consulting for all of your IT consulting needs.
Want more phonograph discussion? Be sure to visit The Online Edison Phonograph Discussion Board.

WDC
Victor IV

Post by WDC »

That's a great video! I remember that Mac was announcing the event several times on his show this summer. Must have been a truly great thing, too bad I couldn't be around.