North American Class M

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
mariof
Victor I

North American Class M

Post by mariof »

Hi All,

Until the end of last year I was undertaking my masters stud in digital media and for one of my projects I created a website. Of course the subject was my collection and as such i decided to take some better photographs of some of my items. For your viewing please find pics of my North American Class M...

Cheers,
Mario
Attachments
FullSizeRender 27.jpg
FullSizeRender 36.jpg
FullSizeRender 28.jpg
FullSizeRender 29.jpg
FullSizeRender 33.jpg
FullSizeRender 37.jpg
FullSizeRender 40.jpg
FullSizeRender 35.jpg
FullSizeRender 31.jpg
FullSizeRender 30.jpg

mariof
Victor I

Re: North American Class M

Post by mariof »

I should add that whilst this is the lovely original finish, and yes it does work, the SWARF DRAWER is a lovely replica that was matched to the original case.
Attachments
FullSizeRender 41.jpg
FullSizeRender 34.jpg
FullSizeRender 39.jpg
FullSizeRender 26.jpg
FullSizeRender 32.jpg
FullSizeRender 38.jpg

mariof
Victor I

Post by mariof »

Hi, Just wondering if anyone could tell me the purpose of the little lever attached to the shaver, visible in the first and second photographs?

Steve Levi
Victor II

Post by Steve Levi »

I am only Guessing, possibly a locking device for the shaver. I am sure someone with a.Class M will respond. Your machine is a sight to behold. Good luck on your inquiry and your studies! Thanks for posting photos. Steve

edisonclassm
Victor II

Post by edisonclassm »

It was a device to ring a small bell cup to let you know the carriage was at the end. I have only once seen this complete on a machine. Apparently it was a bit of a nuisance.

Menophanes
Victor II

Post by Menophanes »

I am sure we are all in Mario's debt for these beautifully detailed images, which I feel deserve to be made permanently available.

What a distant world it seems, in which even such a simple and functional instruction as 'Turn this way only' (on the bedplate under the big horizontal pulley) could be hand-written in exuberant gold lettering!

What, I wonder, would have been the penalty inflicted on someone who bought one of these machines in another State and then, happening to move to New Jersey, innocently brought the phonograph with him?

Oliver Mundy.