Victor V

CL alert Sonora bombe + boxing darkies, cutter, etc $490

Post by JohnM »

"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

phonophan79
Victor IV

Re: CL alert Sonora bombe + boxing darkies, cutter, etc $490

Post by phonophan79 »

Nice machine with lots of goodies, wish I was nearby!

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Post by SonnyPhono »

I found this one about a week ago. I like the phonograph, and the goodies really help. I emailed and offered $400 and the guy said that would be fine, but he wanted me to come look at it first. So, I told him I would try to get up his way sometime around the 1st week of October, but as fate would have it, my wife and I had our baby two weeks early on the 1st of October. So I haven't had a chance to go see it as it's about an hour and a half north of me. I was curious about the records that come with it. Sounds like some rare ones?

Anyway, at this point everything is perfect with the baby, but I don't have the funds for it as I recently bought some other items. If anyone would like me to pick it up and hold it for you if you can't pick it up in the near future, I would be more than happy to help out in anyway I can. Just thought I would offer in case one of you would like it but can't make the trip to pick it up anytime soon. I have his name and phone number if anyone is interested in contacting him.

larryh
Victor IV

Post by larryh »

It appears similar to the one I had way back. I am curious that it has a metal tone arm, when the one I had used the wooden carved tone arm. Evidently even in the deluxe type model they used various grades of parts? Its a great machine for someone close who needs it. I am not totally far, but really haven't room nor money for it either. Will make some younger collector happy though.

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

The metal tone arm is correct, I believe this one is about in the middle pf the bombe case range. In the next higher grade there would be a plain wooden tone arm, the highest grades would have carved ones.

SonnyPhono
Victor III

Post by SonnyPhono »

I do really like the style...and the extras would make for a nice addition. I feel like I should go ahead and pick it up, but there some other things I am looking into purchasing and can't make a decision! :shock:

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

You can't let the grass grow between your toes or someone will make the decision for you!

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

Also, there are two separate Victrola XVII's in mahogany on St. Louis Craigslist -- one for $700 and one for $400!

SonnyPhono
Victor III

Post by SonnyPhono »

Good point John! But sometimes I feel better when someone else "makes the decision for me" as it's easier to chalk it up to fate. It's easier to let it go. (Until I regret it down the road!) :D