This one seems like a bargain...

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
OrthoFan
Victor V

This one seems like a bargain...

Post by OrthoFan »

http://denver.craigslist.org/atq/1428313260.html

...especially if my suspicions are correct about the sound box. (Notice the telltale split in the sound box casing right above the black colored needle bar pivot housing -- Image

If it's what I think it is, it's well worth the price.

phonophan79
Victor IV

Re: This one seems like a bargain...

Post by phonophan79 »

Wow, never seen the acoustic and electric tonearm for sale "in the wild" like that... and for so cheap.

...is it a Borgia II / 9-2?

http://www.victor-victrola.com/Borgia%20II.htm

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

I'm starting to take all these Craigslist postings personally! All this good, no . . . GREAT stuff -- for practically nothing -- and I'm on the road and can't do anything about it! Curse you, Red Baron!!!
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

On the road! I never get to go on the road and when I do great stuff shows up -like the Victor Credenza I keep trying to get-right here in my back yard-3 miles away-$275.00 and I go on my first vacation in 3 years and it is gone a DAY!!!!! before I get back-Sob there is no fairness in phono-land....

Abe

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

need4art wrote:On the road! I never get to go on the road and when I do great stuff shows up -like the Victor Credenza I keep trying to get-right here in my back yard-3 miles away-$275.00 and I go on my first vacation in 3 years and it is gone a DAY!!!!! before I get back-Sob there is no fairness in phono-land....

Abe
. . . mighty Abe has struck out! (With apologies to Ernest Lawrence Thayer) ;) :D
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

schweg
Victor III

Post by schweg »

Someone just grabbed it.. I hope to fix it up. The top looked pretty rough in the pics I got so I hesitated enough to lose out. Also, the 16 hour drive, one way, was a little bit of a discouragement. Ah well, on to the next conquest.

Steve

phonojim
Victor IV

Post by phonojim »

Ortho, that's exactly what you think it is. The Craigslist posting is gone so I didn't get to see it. What was it and how much did it go for?

Jim

Anon?

Post by Anon? »

This listing was for a Victor Borgia II. Cost was $150, however it needs a *tremendous* amount of work. Currently determining restoration feasibility.