Grill fragility

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Re: Grill fragility

Post by fran604g »

billybob62 wrote:Thank you,Fran

Jerry Blais, our wonderful factotum, brought it to me from the Union show.
I didn't realize that it was rare but I really liked the looks of it.

John :o
John, for the record, I believe this particular example (like a few others I've observed in this serial number range), are those units Frow spoke about in his book "The Edison Disc Phonographs and the Diamond Discs" (pg.114): "...by September [1915] the B-250 was oversold in the oak finishes, and led to the advance in a limited way only, of the Model C-250 to November 1st as a result of peevish pressure from the trade."

I've observed only a handful of C 250s with the data plate affixed to the rear of the turntable compartment, maroon motorplates, and oil drip pans present.

Would you be kind enough to contribute the full information of features to my database questionnaire? The most current, and comprehensive, version is here: http://forum.talkingmachine.info/viewto ... 20#p174220

Thank you very much John,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Hi Fran,
I will be happy to do that.
Thank you for that information also.
John :D

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Hi again Fran,

I have your article on How to Adjust an Electric Stop on the Edisons and have read pg. 114 of the Frow book so I believe this DD player is not able to be set up to stop at the end of a disc. Is this how you would read it?

Thanks aplenty.

John

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

Hi John,

Your C 250 turntable will be stopped by the mechanical brake automatically, at a point that is determined by the "safety stop" finger contacting the brake lever.

There's a screw on the brake lever (under the turntable) for adjusting the point at which this occurs, just as with the Electric Automatic Stop.

You can use the instructions I gave in the article. Both safety stops work on the same principle.

Best,
Fran
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Hi again Fran,

Thanks. Great to hear! :D

I think I will give this C250 its own place of honor in my humble, yet perfect for an 80 year old, complete with a ramp, abode.

As a priest friend used to say to me in my innocent youth "Bless You, My Child". :D

John

fran604g
Victor VI

Post by fran604g »

That's great John!

I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from your "new" C 250! :)

Cheers,
Fran