Who is coming to the APS show?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Who is coming to the APS show?

Post by phonogfp »

marcapra wrote:I was wondering, if some of the people on this forum don't know about the annual APS show in Buena Park, CA, do the general public know about it? Is there any advertising in local media? It would nice to have more buyers than sellers!
Yes, some local papers and radio stations are running advertisements for the APS Expo. Flyers have also been distributed among other organizations such as SCARS, AMICA, etc. There's even an antique car club involved (but I don't recall the name). This is all off the top of my head; living in New York State, I simply observe the California members putting all this together, and they do a great job. All volunteers.

George P.

need4art
Victor II
Personal Text: A man is not a man who does not make the world a better place

Post by need4art »

After years of attending my wife and I are going to miss being at the show. We have always more or less had a surprise birthday party for any family member turning 40. As the kids moved away it got tougher to do but my wife and daughter-in-law got together and we are having one for my son. Yep his birthday falls on the Saturday of the show and no matter what I said my wife would not agree to leaving at 10pm on Saturday evening and driving straight back to CA to catch the show on Sunday then come back to AZ on Monday. What a kill joy!

Gonna miss seeing everybody
Abe

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Art, I will miss you at the show and I want you there. Tell that to your wife. The birthday thing will be easy to skip, if you use my plan. Let your son enjoy being 39 for a while longer. When your at the show, send an email saying "Happy 39". Then if your son says something, just say "Oh I thought you were turning 39!" Then have the party later this month, problem solved!