Image of Silvertone Decal

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
bob27556
Victor I

Re: Image of Silvertone Decal

Post by bob27556 »

Gregg, I think your customer will need to do some careful archeology with those three layers of paint in an attempt to salvage enough remnants of the decal to determine which is correct.

pathe
Victor Jr

Post by pathe »

Hello a picture of the phonograph would be of great help to figure out which model decal is needed Sears produced many different models over the years even with the paint the model should be identifiable and that would give you a better idea of which decal was needed .
Ken

zonophpones7
Victor I

Post by zonophpones7 »

Thanks for the image with the red border and the orthophonic era decal! Amazing the variations of the decal. I Will save them in case I have a call in the future.

The machine is not mine... It is for another collector who asked me to make the deal. So far he has not shared an email... Or photo of the machine. If I can get an image of the machine I will share to determine the model ...and make sure he gets the correct decal. Thanks for the input!

Gregg

zonophpones7
Victor I

Post by zonophpones7 »

The owner of this machine had sent the cabinet out to a professional stripper... no witness marks of the original decal left unfortunately. He just got it back and sent me this photo along with the following additional information.

It has an H.G. Saal model EE motor.
There is a small metal tag on the back that is stamped with the letters SSC. It would be nice
if someone could date it.

Any help determining the date range and the correct decal will be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
Gregg
Attachments
79725.jpeg

estott
Victor Monarch
Personal Text: I have good days...this might not be one of them

Post by estott »

SSC would be the cabinet builder- mine says PFC for Pooley Furniture Company.

Benjamin_L
Victor III
Personal Text: Honk, honk.

Post by Benjamin_L »

Sears exclusively used Pooly for all it's cabinet phonographs, even when they were first introduced in 1915. (So I don't know what the SSC stands for.) From Sears ads, it's a model K, which they first advertised in 1917. (That's the earliest ad I can find it in.) Then the latest being 1921. But I think Sears produced them all the way until they went over to the Tru-phoinc design.