Buying & Selling on the Yankee Trader

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Buying & Selling on the Yankee Trader

Post by HisMastersVoice »

briankeith wrote:...upside down or sideways photo
This usually can't be helped. If you take photos in portrait orientation on an iPhone (which is the only camera I own, and I'm sure I am not alone) they will probably be sideways if viewed on anything but an iPhone or a Mac when uploaded to the internet. Some web applications are smart enough to read the profile encoded in the photo, unfortunately phpBB is not. This is why I always take photos in landscape that I plan on uploading here. This is not just a problem with the TMF, it is an Apple vs. The World issue. That one you'll just have to deal with!

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

True - I forgot about the IPhone issue Brandon :oops:

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

I think we're all overthinking this and placing too much on Brandon. It all boils down to who spots the thing first and makes some reasonable connection with the seller to initiate a purchase. In the long run, it doesn't matter whether you, as the perspective buyer, say it's "sold", it's up to the SELLER to decide when it's spoken for and by whom.

Let's let Brandon do his job as he sees fit, stay alert to the sale postings if you want something, and above all, be civil. It's gonna be o.k. :)

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

JerryVan wrote:I think we're all overthinking this and placing too much on Brandon. It all boils down to who spots the thing first and makes some reasonable connection with the seller to initiate a purchase. In the long run, it doesn't matter whether you, as the perspective buyer, say it's "sold", it's up to the SELLER to decide when it's spoken for and by whom.

Let's let Brandon do his job as he sees fit, stay alert to the sale postings if you want something, and above all, be civil. It's gonna be o.k. :)
Amen! Well stated.:)

George P.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

After much deliberation, I have decided to remove the guideline regarding order of interest. I don't think this sort of situation arises very often, and there is no way to make everyone happy. I will leave it up to the sellers to specify their own procedure if desired. There will never be a way for me to monitor private communication and it is clear that some people desire privacy for whatever reason. I hope we can all continue to be fair, honest, and civil in our transactions. If someone has a problem with a buyer or a seller, contact me and I will do my best to investigate.

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

HisMastersVoice wrote:After much deliberation, I have decided to remove the guideline regarding order of interest. I don't think this sort of situation arises very often, and there is no way to make everyone happy. I will leave it up to the sellers to specify their own procedure if desired. There will never be a way for me to monitor private communication and it is clear that some people desire privacy for whatever reason. I hope we can all continue to be fair, honest, and civil in our transactions. If someone has a problem with a buyer or a seller, contact me and I will do my best to investigate.
Brandon, I for one appreciate the amount of thought that went into your decision and also that you allowed this to be debated and took all the opinions into consideration. Thanks, as always, for your efforts!

rgordon939
Victor V

Post by rgordon939 »

Brandon I commend you on your decision. That will hopefully put the issue to rest.

Rich Gordon

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

I'll conclude my interest in this thread by loudly stating RUTABAGA!

And also, thanks Brandon!

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Post by Curt A »

Thanks, Brandon...

Much ado about nothing... really...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife