Concert serial ranges

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Concert serial ranges

Post by EdisonWizard »

I was curious if anyone could tell me the date on my new machine. It's serial is 06074, early style cabinet with the drawer and all encompassing lid. I need a round a bout date for a recording I'm about to make!

Didn't find much info googling, is there a site with serial ranges and years for different machines?

Serial could also be C6074. I'll include pic.
Attachments
EB3DD0B6.jpg
J.F.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Concert serial ranges

Post by phonogfp »

There's no site with this information, but your serial number is indeed C6074. According to National Phonograph Company sales records, your Concert left the factory about June 1901.

George P.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Wow thanks George! You ought to make a website of those sales records!
J.F.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

EdisonWizard wrote:Wow thanks George! You ought to make a website of those sales records!
I'd like to add these sales records to the 20,000 pages of documents on the Antique Phonograph Society's web site - - maybe some day.

A copy of this data was given to me after seven years of begging. The fellow who allowed me to copy the data did so with the understanding that:
1) I wouldn't publish the data until his projected book had been published, and
2) I could use the data for my own research, refer to the data in my writing, and date the Edisons of other collectors.
Until I receive permission to do otherwise, I'm honor-bound to hold up my end of the deal.

George P.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Very cool George! Hopefully one day he'll get that book published! Sounds like a valuable resource.
J.F.

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special

Post by phonogfp »

EdisonWizard wrote:Very cool George! Hopefully one day he'll get that book published! Sounds like a valuable resource.
Well, it took seven years to get the data because of the projected book, and I've had the data for about 8 years and still no book, so you may draw your own conclusions... Books are a heck of a lot of work.

George P.