Mounting 10"-12" selector buttons on Edison C-250

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Mounting 10"-12" selector buttons on Edison C-250

Post by drh »

I bought one of the 10"-12" selector button gadgets recently, but I have no instructions for mounting it. Would someone having a C-250/C-19 so equipped be so kind as to measure how far back the front edge of the button mounting plate should sit from the inside lip of the cabinet front, so I can duplicate the setup? Once I have the plate in the right place, I'll be able to work out where to mount the doohickey (scientific term) that goes on the horn. To anyone who can help me out, thanks! At about the same time I bought one of the reproduction bolt-on spare reproducer brackets, and I already have the LP gearing installed and the corresponding reproducer, so I'm looking forward to having an almost "fully loaded" machine.

billybob62
Victor III

Re: Mounting 10"-12" selector buttons on Edison C-250

Post by billybob62 »

Sounds great. I know nothing, however.
Sorry

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Image shown of my C 19 SN 172,249.

The measurement is 4-27/32" from the front edge of the turntable trim piece.

Best,
Fran
Attachments
Distance from front edge of turntable trim piece to selector button mounting bracket.jpg
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

fran604g wrote:Image shown of my C 19 SN 172,249.

Best,
Fran
Perfect--that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you! :D

--David

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

drh wrote:
fran604g wrote:Image shown of my C 19 SN 172,249.

Best,
Fran
Perfect--that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you!

--David
You're very welcome, David.

Best,
Fran
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

This helps me too, I'm going to be adding one to my C-19 soon. Does anyone have the measurements for the placement of the single reproducer holder?

drh
Victor IV

Post by drh »

HisMastersVoice wrote:This helps me too, I'm going to be adding one to my C-19 soon. Does anyone have the measurements for the placement of the single reproducer holder?
Is yours the bolt-on type, or the kind held to the wood with screws? I bought one of the reproduction bolt-on types that were briefly available through the Yankee Trader section recently. It fits easily between the bedplate and false work, and I slipped it as far to the left as possible to avoid interference with the horn and reproducer in play.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

drh wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:This helps me too, I'm going to be adding one to my C-19 soon. Does anyone have the measurements for the placement of the single reproducer holder?
Is yours the bolt-on type, or the kind held to the wood with screws? I bought one of the reproduction bolt-on types that were briefly available through the Yankee Trader section recently. It fits easily between the bedplate and false work, and I slipped it as far to the left as possible to avoid interference with the horn and reproducer in play.
Mine is the screw-in type

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Brandon,

I don't have specific measurements, but these are typically screwed to the rear interior toward the left corner. Avoid mounting it too far to the left, or the slanted frame of the lid's interior will contact the reproducer when in place.

George P.

OrthoSean
Victor V

Post by OrthoSean »

I have a C-19 with one mounted in the rear of the cabinet, I'm going to send him measurements and photos this afternoon. I will also post it here in case it's useful to anyone. :)

Sean