APS SHOW PICTURES

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: APS SHOW PICTURES

Post by marcapra »

The William and Mary Edison was gorgeous. I can't believe that didn't sell. Very tasteful machine.
thanks J. W., for some reason, I like the way you think! If you are the guy whose booth was next to Mike and were selling, or not selling, the white antiqued Victor RE-45, then I know you. You are right; the dark console is an Edison. It is an Edisonic Beethoven cabinet that was gutted and amputated by some previous owner in some previous decade, I guess. It was sold to me by Peter Fraser, as well as a nice Edison Amberola 1A in oak, and a nice Victrola 8-9 that needs a new grille cloth. I'm parting out the Beethoven cabinet to Uncle Vanya in trade for some better parts for my 8-9. The machines I had behind the table got far more interest from collectors than the four machines I had for sale. I also got some nice records such as an Edison Grand Opera with a mint maroon box, and a rare copy of Marie Dressler's Rastus, Take Me Back on Blue Amberol. I also got three Edison needle-cut records in E condition with original sleeves, including Jack Dalton and the 7 Blue Babies doing Bessie Couldn't Help It/ My Wife is on a Diet. And I had Mike Khanchalian repair a cracked Grand Opera cylinder for me.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

From my perspective the APS show was the best in recent years. I sold very well including a Fireside with #10 Cygnet, Standard Type A disc machine, Victor I, Model D "maroon" Gem, table model oak Grafonola, Model D Home with #10 cygnet, a humpback Victor II, and a paper mache 36" Nipper. I came home with great treasures including a Victor C, an Echophone and one of George's favorites, a suitcase Home. I was busy from the moment I opened my trailer in the parking lot until late in the sale. I drove 2020 miles and burned 160 gallons of diesel.

It was a great sale!

Jerry Blais
Last edited by Jerry B. on Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

antique1973
Victor IV
Personal Text: Victor Z, Victrola 4-3

Post by antique1973 »

Nice show and great pictures. Hopefully I'll make it next year. Had too much going on this time.

GeorgeDixon
Victor I

Post by GeorgeDixon »

gsphonos wrote:Well, selling wise, I think this was my greatest show yet! I sold my Credenza, 3 miscellaneous portables, a cameraphone, a Bing Pygmiphone, a Stewart, a Thorens Excelda, a Fireside Model A, and Standard Model D, a Home model D with cygnet horn, 2 Columbia Q's, many phonograph books, at least 100 cylinders (still have about 900 left from the show!), a few records, and some parts and reproducers. Oh, I also sold a Dictaphone in wooden cabinet! It worked great, as I just re-wired it, and it just had to go, as well as the Credenza! So, I was very happy to see the 2 largest items I had sell! Really enjoyed meeting Eric Reiss, author of the Compleat Talking Machine. I had him autograph the 2 copies of his book that I had for sale, but I forgot and had left my original copy at home. I wanted to keep that one, as it is the first phono book I bought, and I got it from my friend Jerry Ellis, who passed away just about 3 weeks before the show.

Mike Sorter

Mike, thank you so much for the detailed catalog on the Mexican National Phonograph Company. It is full of good information. I really appreciate you bringing it for me.

Ben

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Hi Ben. Glad I could help! Sorry it took so long to get it to you though!!

Mike

martinola
Victor III

Post by martinola »

Thanks for sharing the photos. Family and work obligations curtailed my visit to about 30 minutes. I did see some familiar faces, but alas, did not get to stop and talk. Oh well, maybe next year I'll actually have some money to spend. :mrgreen:

Martin

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Any photos or video of the presentation at the dinner? :coffee:

James.

Roaring20s
Victor V
Personal Text: Those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who could not hear the music. Nietzsche

Post by Roaring20s »

Bump.

While the attendees are getting their photos together to share, here's a link (not from the presentation)
that may, in part, touch on an aspect or two.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot5IryUt9SM

James.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

I brought back two treasures from the APS Show. The first was an Echophone pre-purchased from George P. with good photos in the Trader Section of our Forum. The second machine was a Victor C purchased at the sale. The Echophone is truly exceptional but the C is not too shabby either.

Jerry Blais
Attachments
IMG_1237.JPG
IMG_1238.JPG
IMG_1239.JPG

Phono-Phan
Victor V

Post by Phono-Phan »

Nice Victor C. These are very tough to find. Any thoughts whether both the zinc and brass bell horns were offered at that time on this model?