Quick how to - Cheap Recording Horn

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Quick how to - Cheap Recording Horn

Post by EdisonWizard »

I got this idea from Ben on YouTube after talking with him and decided to make my own after watching his success. It's exactly what I was looking for. So I figured I'd take some pictures in case anyone else wanted to try it without watching a video. For one horn it cost $3.00. See pics below! I cut the tip to ⅜ of an inch, and instead of epoxy I used loctite instant adhesive I had laying around.
Attachments
IMG_3731.JPG
IMG_3732.JPG
IMG_3733.JPG
IMG_3735.JPG
IMG_3736.JPG
IMG_3737.JPG
Last edited by EdisonWizard on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
J.F.

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Re: Quick how to - Cheap Recording Horn

Post by briankeith »

Can I borrow it when you're done so I can put oil in my lawnmower ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

briankeith wrote:Can I borrow it when you're done so I can put oil in my lawnmower ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just do like everyone else and spill it all over the place! :lol: :lol: :lol:
J.F.

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

briankeith wrote:Can I borrow it when you're done so I can put oil in my lawnmower ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You're supposed to put oil in those things? :?

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
You're supposed to put oil in those things? :?
Funny side note-

I bought a really nice snapper lawnmower a few months ago. Worked great, changed the blades, changed the plastic and all that...looked brand new. Only had one problem, the previous owner had broke the motor part where a bolt that holds the top plastic and the pull start on. With only 3 bolts holding it on it was difficult to start cause the plastic teeth on pull rope would break if it wasn't level. So my mom decides to bring it to her shop (she owns a glass business) and have them "fix" it. Well...they drilled a hole into the head and tapped it and boy it held it down good. When I started it it idled funny, as I had not yet noticed the bolt in the head. When I went to remove the dipstick it blew out spraying gas and exhaust everywhere... out of the crankcase. Completely ruined the motor lol I was not a happy camper! So luckily the house I'm about to buy is new construction and doesn't have grass right now :lol:
J.F.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I love multi use items... You can oil your lawn mower, put transmission oil in your car , then have a slick recording horn. :lol: Tom B

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

tomb wrote:I love multi use items... You can oil your lawn mower, put transmission oil in your car , then have a slick recording horn. :lol: Tom B
Made my first cylinder with it. I'm very happy with the results!! Of course I used brown wax, but it's very clear.
J.F.