Correct Standard Case??

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
cweastlick
Victor II

Correct Standard Case??

Post by cweastlick »

I have a suspicion that the Standard I picked up lately has the wrong case. The works is an A that has been converted to a 2\4 minute player. Anyhow the A has four mounting screws but the motor board has five holes. The winding shaft is a bit out of line with the crank hole. The metal motor plate sits slightly over the lid slots. And lastly, on the inside of the lid is a sticker saying it is a model D. Any ideas?

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Correct Standard Case??

Post by phonogfp »

There are people serving time on less evidence than that. A photo is always helpful, but based on what you've reported, it seems pretty obvious.

George P.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

A photo would sure be helpful but it's reasonably safe to say you have an A mechanism in a D case. I bet you could find someone to trade cases with you. Anyone?

Jerry Blais

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

It is hard to say without a couple of pictures. People, when they work on the motor plate sometimes , do not put the motor board springs on correctly that attach the motor to the bed plate.. That will make the crank not fit correctly as it will be out of alignment with the case hole. If the crank has threads then the motor is a standard B and up. If there is pins on the crank shaft and it will take a slotted crank then you have a standard A down. If the cases have been swapped such as a standard A motor with a standard B case that will not align also. Also is the 2/4 gear changer built in or is it an attachment that can be removed>>?????? Tom B

cweastlick
Victor II

Post by cweastlick »

This one does not have the motor bedplate springs. It has three machine screws that go down through the bedplate to attach the motor. The winding shaft is not threaded but has a pin through it for the slotted crank. I'll work on getting pictures on here.