Need Dimension measurement for a C-250

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
tarheeltinkerer
Victor I

Need Dimension measurement for a C-250

Post by tarheeltinkerer »

Can anyone tell me the height of a C-250 from the bottom of the leg to the top of the cabinet NOT including the lid? I'm trying to determine if I can fit a C-250 in the back of my Corolla if I remove the lid and wheels (and yes, the bedplate, horn, etc.).

ColoradoPhonograf
Victor II

Re: Need Dimension measurement for a C-250

Post by ColoradoPhonograf »

The basic cabinet by itself measures 46 ⅛" in height. Good luck making that squeeze into the Toyota.

ColoradoPhonograf

barnettrp21122
Victor IV
Personal Text: "Did you ever stop to think that pleasure is a duty?" (Victor sales pamphlet)

Post by barnettrp21122 »

I assume you're figuring on loading the machine side-to-side on the back seat. To minimize removing cabinet parts is there any chance you can load it front-to-back if you can remove the front and/or back passenger seat? No room for companions though! :lol: If the horn is secured with the reproducer and turntable and crank removed would bedplate removal be necessary? Just a thought. Good luck.
Bob
"Comparison is the thief of joy" Theodore Roosevelt

His Master's Voice Automatic 1A Exponential Gramophone Demonstration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi70G1Rzqpo

tarheeltinkerer
Victor I

ColoradoPhonograf wrote:The basic cabinet by itself measures 46 ⅛" in height. Good luck making that squeeze into the Toyota.

ColoradoPhonograf
I was able to get an S-19 in the back without disassembly (reproducer and grill aside). I realize the C-250 is a bit larger. Measuring the door frame it is wide enough to bring the cabinet inside. In this case, entering from the left rear door with both seats forward, angling towards the passenger seat. Once inside, you can then lay it flat on the back bench. My idea is to remove the lid, beltplate, horn, grill, crank, and internal drawers...and possibly the casters before getting it into the car.

If wondering "why the hell is he doing this," it's an issue of not having a truck anymore, help to move it once home...and that I am on a second story apartment and my stair case is a wee bit steep.

SonnyPhono
Victor III
Personal Text: Drawing a blank...

Post by SonnyPhono »

I was able to fit a VV-XIV in the backseat of a BMW 3 series without any harm. It was tight though!

JohnM
Victor V

Post by JohnM »

I once hauled an Edison Army/Navy Diamond Disc machine from an antique mall in San Diego to my home in Los Angeles in the front seat of my Porsche 914. If that machine had been 1/16" bigger in any dimension, I couldn't have done it! I couldn't even see out the passenger side rear-view mirror -- it was an arduous drive home! I went back the next day and picked up the record storage locker more safely in my Jetta.
"All of us have a place in history. Mine is clouds." Richard Brautigan

tarheeltinkerer
Victor I

For the record, a C-250 will fit in a Corolla, provided you remove the lid first:

vic160
Victor Jr

Post by vic160 »

I was sick of trying to fit machines in my cars or borrowing a car to pick them up. So I went to the dealership and bought myself a PT Cruiser, it's very roomy, I can even fit a Credenza in it!! It's perfect!!