Victrola VV-50 Question

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Victrola VV-50 Question

Post by Curt A »

Does anyone know the correct technical term for a box latch like the ones used on a VV-50. I have searched all over the internet looking for these and there are various different latches with different features, but I have not found this exact type of latch and don't know what to call it...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 10.33.32 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 10.33.32 PM.png (238.96 KiB) Viewed 610 times
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife

tomb
Victor IV

Re: Victrola VV-50 Question

Post by tomb »

Curt I have always called them a case latch. Every once in a while they come up on E bay under Victrola. I do not know where to get one locally but there used to be a catalog on antique parts for furniture. It had the nails ,buttons and some hard ware. Try googling antique furniture hardware but you may not get an exact match. Try George at Great lakes. I have brought Victrola parts off of him before. I AM Sure he would have one..If you need the web site let me know. I will look it up .. Tom B

Curt A
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Needle Tins are Addictive

Re: Victrola VV-50 Question

Post by Curt A »

Tom,
Thanks for your comment... "case latch" in Google brought up the correct type...
"The phonograph† is not of any commercial value."
Thomas Alva Edison - Comment to his assistant, Samuel Insull.

"No one needs a Victrola XX, a Perfected Graphophone Type G, or whatever you call those noisy things."
My Wife