APS Show favorite buys

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
gsphonos
Victor II

APS Show favorite buys

Post by gsphonos »

Hello all,

I thought I would post my 3 favorite buys from the recent APS show. First is a very early Bacigalupi cylinder box, with a 946 Market St. address. Second, a Musica (Pathé Salon size) cylinder player with cylinder (it is the type that fits in the lid--you turn the mechanism over into the base). As you can see, it is based on a Columbia Eagle. Third, a Pandora (English) cylinder machine. This machine is similar to a Columbia Q. They both run well, and should clean up very nicely.

I have seen some of the treasures that Jerry Blais and Marc Capralis got. Anyone else have something they would like to share??

Mike Sorter
Riverside, CA

Hmmmmm...for some reason the pictures were uploaded in reverse order!
Attachments
IMG_3041.JPG
IMG_3040.JPG
IMG_3039.JPG

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Re: APS Show favorite buys

Post by marcapra »

Very nice stuff Mike! The pics always load up in reverse order. In other words, the first pic you list will be the last one shown on the post. And the last pic you upload will be the first one seen.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

It's always fun to go home from any show/sale with a treasure. You did great! Jerry B.

Sidewinder
Victor III

Post by Sidewinder »

The Pandora (English) cylinder machine was something typically branded & sold in England.....but made in Germany by Excelsior. (new century style mechanics)

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

Great buys Mike ... They should clean up nicely. If you need help let me know Tom B

gsphonos
Victor II

Post by gsphonos »

Thanks Tom! Sorry I didn't see you at the show. By the way, remember that really tarnished horn of mine you saw? You said you had something/new of something that could clean it up really easily? I could really use your help with that!!

Mike