December 2018 APS Journal

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phonofreak
Victor VI

December 2018 APS Journal

Post by Phonofreak »

On Wed Nov 21,2018, I received my APS journal. Wow, that was the fastest ever. I just started reading it. It always takes several days to read and digest the great material. Great work guys.
Harvey Kravitz

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: December 2018 APS Journal

Post by phonogfp »

I've heard that several California collectors have received their journals, and I heard from a collector in eastern New York State who received his today. Nothing yet here in western New York State... :(

George P.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

A few days ago my copy was delivered. There are several very informative articles and great photos.

NEFaurora
Victor IV
Personal Text: "A Phonograph in every home..."

Post by NEFaurora »

I got mine about three days ago down here in Melbourne, Florida..

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Would any APS members like to comment on the journal for the benefit of the many, many members of this forum who don't think membership is worth $2.50 per month (in the U.S.)?

George P.

mattrx
Victor IV

Post by mattrx »

NEFaurora wrote:I got mine about three days ago down here in Melbourne, Florida..

:o)

Tony K.

Edison Collector/Restorer
Same here in Memphis, 3 days ago.
FYI,
Matt

fran604g
Victor VI
Personal Text: I'm Feeling Cranky

Post by fran604g »

Woohoo! Got mine today.

It reminds me to mention that it's dues renewal time folks!

And yes, George, it's well worth the chump change of membership to receive this wonderful quarterly - and let's not forget the enormous archive at the website!

I think we all should give a round of applause for the volunteers on the board who make it all possible.
Attachments
giphy.gif
giphy.gif (2.2 MiB) Viewed 2006 times
Francis; "i" for him, "e" for her
"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while" - the unappreciative supervisor.

vansteem78
Victor II

Post by vansteem78 »

The Antique Phonograph magazine alone makes membership in The Antique Phonograph Society worth it. There is so much information and I do save my old magazine and ordered back issues too. I was able to date my Edison Home phonograph because of one article by George Paul. Knowledge is priceless. I have met folks through the magazine too that have helped me when I had questions. I now count them amongst my friends. Their website too is so full of information and data that I can't read it all. Best money I've ever spent in the hobby. Just so much help to me. I cannot picture not being a member. I highly recommend the APS membership to anyone that will listen. You will not regret it. You will be amazed before you are half way through and wonder why you hadn't joined sooner. Don't put it off join. A great organization you will love. Neil Van Steemburg one happy member

rvwenger
Victor I

Post by rvwenger »

Membership is worth every penny. If you collect and enjoy any type of musical machine. The APS is for you. The article from Paul Edie was outstanding. I had the privilage to see this collection in person. Paul did a wonderful job in placing this collection in special binders for preservation. He went above and beyond to protect and save these valuable documents.

I cannot say enough nice things about Paul. He is a valuable asset to our hobby.
Attachments
Paul after restoring my family VV-VI My entry into the world of Victrolas.
Paul after restoring my family VV-VI My entry into the world of Victrolas.

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

I can only agree as well that the APS membership is worth every penny. My only (small) gripe is that there is no way to auto-renew my membership. I think it would help the APS a lot if they would offer a subscription option. Our local HOA offers this through PayPal and I love it. Sign up and forget.

Andreas