Hurricane Irma

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonojim
Victor IV

Re: Hurricane Irma

Post by phonojim »

We're praying for all of you. Please check in when you can and let us know how things are going.

Jim

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Post by Crank_it_up »

Just a sampling of my covered phonos for water coming in from above. Water coming in from the bottom up will create problems. I have lots of towels and buckets if needed. No plan to sleep tonight. My garage projects are all covered with a big tarp and off the floor. For you motorcycle guys, the Norton Is elevated and covered alongside the phono projects. The dogs want nothing to do with their beds for now. Normally they will sit with me while I work. Wood horns are bagged and in another room. Thanks in advance for all of your well wishes.
Joe
Attachments
IMG_1026.JPG

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

It's been a rough night. Tornados all around us in Broward County. Lost power about 9PM, and our generator kicked in, been working fine. TV, phone and internet went out shortly afterwards, andd are still down, I am using my iPad with cell service, which goes in and out. Can't see a thing as every window is shuttered up, and this probably will go on all day until about 6PM. At least we're safe. We know lots of people who evacuated to the Tampa area, and they are going to get hit there much worse than here in Ft. Lauderdale.

Raphael

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

This is unbelievable. I've been watching, listening on internet radio BBC and PBS from Prague. It's occupying a good portion of local news casts here too.

Stay safe guys and check in when you can safely do so.

Crank_it_up
Victor III

Post by Crank_it_up »

Raphael wrote:It's been a rough night. Tornados all around us in Broward County. Lost power about 9PM, and our generator kicked in, been working fine. TV, phone and internet went out shortly afterwards, andd are still down, I am using my iPad with cell service, which goes in and out. Can't see a thing as every window is shuttered up, and this probably will go on all day until about 6PM. At least we're safe. We know lots of people who evacuated to the Tampa area, and they are going to get hit there much worse than here in Ft. Lauderdale.

Raphael
Hang in there, Raphael. News is saying more of the same all day and well into the night here in Palm Beach County. We are getting some strong gusts with the feeder bands but nothing like the west coast is going to get. Good luck to all of our friends throughout the state. Be safe.
Joe

Shawn
Victor IV
Personal Text: Its only Fun, when we're all having Fun!

Post by Shawn »

Boy, I am thinking about you guys down there! Even though it is heading up the west coast, the east coast is still getting hammered. And with that big of a storm. recovery will be measured in weeks, not days. Hang in there. And those on the west coast, I hope you are safe!

Shawn
Subscribe to my music and phonograph videos at https://www.youtube.com/@Shawn_O_Phonograph

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

Glad to hear that Irma was downgraded to Cat. 3 lately; but I hope that the storm surges don't cause too much damage. Hang in there, Florida! :clover:

Bill

edisonplayer
Victor IV

Post by edisonplayer »

I wonder how the Edison-Ford Winter Homes in Ft' Myers fared with Irma?edisonplayer

Raphael
Victor IV

Post by Raphael »

All good. Some roof tile and yard damage, but otherwise unscathed. Electric, internet and TV still out. We dodged a bullet!

Raphael

RolandVV-360
Victor II
Personal Text: The Finest Gift of All!

Post by RolandVV-360 »

Raphael wrote:All good. Some roof tile and yard damage, but otherwise unscathed. Electric, internet and TV still out. We dodged a bullet!

Raphael
I heard there were no hurricane related major injuries or deaths in the Florida area. I suppose y'all in the sunshine state dodged a mortar shell!
PHONOGRAPH, n. An irritating toy that restores life to dead noises. -Ambrose Bierce

-Roland