OT: Armistice Day

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Neophone
Victor III

OT: Armistice Day

Post by Neophone »

Folks,

For some strange reason I was unable to access the forum all day yesterday!? I had wanted to reminded everyone to take a moment to pause and remember all our military, but especially the veterans of the Great War, They are almost all gone now.

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Re: OT: Armistice Day

Post by Valecnik »

I was thinking about this and trying to come up with an appropriate musical post on YouTube but nothing came to mind that quite fit.

I have "Let us not Forget" which is somewhat appropriate but does not really address that millions died on all sides, not just on "the allied" side.

For the first time since the great war, the German Chancelor (Merkel) and the French president (Sarkozi) commemorated the day together this year... Let's hope "never again" finally comes true.

Neophone
Victor III

Re: OT: Armistice Day

Post by Neophone »

Valecnik wrote:For the first time since the great war, the German Chancelor (Merkel) and the French president (Sarkozi) commemorated the day together this year... Let's hope "never again" finally comes true.
AMEN Bruce!

Regards,
John

Listening to the Victrola fifteen minutes a day will alter and brighten your whole life.
Use each needle only ONCE!