HELP with Pathé VII Sound Quality

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
pellicano1
Victor II
Personal Text: The Phonograph Stop

Re: HELP with Pathé VII Sound Quality

Post by pellicano1 »

Yes I have since installed the missing parts. Thanks! I have 4 other phonographs and am selling this one anyways lol. Thanks all for your help on this!!
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Thomas A. Edison

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

When it was all said and done I found my Pathé Sapphire needle and faced Reproducer forward and sounds great! Thank you to all who responded. Grew up around record players and music but am new to the old windups! Thanks again! Learning fast thanks to sites like this!
Thomas A. Edison

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

I noticed that a lot of talking machine collectors (including myself a few years back) get confused on how to operate a Pathé machine correctly and which way the reproducer should be turned and what record and needle type to be used on the machine. Seems confusing to many collectors in the beginning :oops:

pellicano1
Victor II

Post by pellicano1 »

briankeith wrote:I noticed that a lot of talking machine collectors (including myself a few years back) get confused on how to operate a Pathé machine correctly and which way the reproducer should be turned and what record and needle type to be used on the machine. Seems confusing to many collectors in the beginning :oops:
Thanks! I have since learned a whole lot!! I am now playing my Pathé records with the sapphire needle I found burried in the needle collection in the machine lol. Lucky find!! I also ordered some Pathé verticals!
Thomas A. Edison