Victrola VV-80 quote/value ?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VictrolaIV1916
Victor Jr

Victrola VV-80 quote/value ?

Post by VictrolaIV1916 »

Hi,I'm an italian collectionist and I'd like to buy a gramophone with cabinet.
I found a Victor Victrola VV-80 (years: 1924) to restore at 200 euro in italy ( about 240 dollars). It work but It need to clean the chrome parts, a new felt for torntable and polish the cabinet. The reproduce Victrola n.2 is perfect.

Is it a good price? What is the price of Victor Victrola VV-80 in good condition? Is it rare?

sorry for my bad english.

can you help me?

best regards
Attachments
21895343_10213806601589703_1973824191_o.jpg
21868189_10213806601069690_1731384502_o.jpg
21868337_10213806601709706_1296619738_o.jpg

Hailey
Victor III

Re: Victrola VV-80 quote/value ?

Post by Hailey »

This model is not considered "rare", yet mechanically restored, can easily withstand daily playing. I am not aware of what your current market is where you live, but the asking price, in that condition here in the US, is about $100 too high.

VictrolaIV1916
Victor Jr

Post by VictrolaIV1916 »

Hailey wrote:This model is not considered "rare", yet mechanically restored, can easily withstand daily playing. I am not aware of what your current market is where you live, but the asking price, in that condition here in the US, is about $100 too high.

for exemple: in italy a Victrola VV-IV is 300 dollars...
thanks for ask my question

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

I'm not experienced enough to help you with your question, but I was wondering what is that little Mona Lisa box in the upper-left hand side of the first picture? If that is a needle tin, that's super cool!

This machine (even though in rough condition) radiates history. It has that "been there, done that look" that I can appreciate.

Good luck.

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

Your English is just fine. I suspect finding a machine like that is very difficult in Italy. Because of that, I think the asking price is quite reasonable. As one Forum member already wrote, the price is higher that we usually see, but the location makes it difficult to compare. The VV-80 is a high quality Victrola and one that you will enjoy for many years.

Jerry Blais

VictrolaIV1916
Victor Jr

Post by VictrolaIV1916 »

travisgreyfox wrote:I'm not experienced enough to help you with your question, but I was wondering what is that little Mona Lisa box in the upper-left hand side of the first picture? If that is a needle tin, that's super cool!

This machine (even though in rough condition) radiates history. It has that "been there, done that look" that I can appreciate.

Good luck.

yes, the little Mona Lisa is the box's needles

VictrolaIV1916
Victor Jr

Post by VictrolaIV1916 »

Jerry B. wrote:Your English is just fine. I suspect finding a machine like that is very difficult in Italy. Because of that, I think the asking price is quite reasonable. As one Forum member already wrote, the price is higher that we usually see, but the location makes it difficult to compare. The VV-80 is a high quality Victrola and one that you will enjoy for many years.

Jerry Blais
Yes, the Victrola in italy are rare. I bought a VV-IV 1916 for 40 dollars this summer. I restored it and I love it.

On Google, I found an auction of VV-80, in very good condition for 800 dollars. I think that 200 euros (240dollars) are a good compromise for the VV-80 of my question, but I prefered to listen to the opinion of American collectors.

travisgreyfox
Victor IV

Post by travisgreyfox »

VictrolaIV1916 wrote:
travisgreyfox wrote:I'm not experienced enough to help you with your question, but I was wondering what is that little Mona Lisa box in the upper-left hand side of the first picture? If that is a needle tin, that's super cool!

Good luck.

yes, the little Mona Lisa is the box's needles

There are similar ones selling on ebay for $40 USD.

Here is a link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gramophone-gram ... SwRMtZa31x

Don't know if its the same one or not (there are a few variations on ebay), but if it is then you can add that into the price.

Let us know if you get it and take some better pics!