Columbia Graphophone Model AH Centre Crank

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
SydneyAde
Victor I

Columbia Graphophone Model AH Centre Crank

Post by SydneyAde »

Hello Folks

It has been a while since I logged in, and that's because I had a bit of a health setback. Though
now I'm reinvigorated :geek: and recently purchased another gramophone part that will hopefully
become a project. I feel a bit embarrassed because I have so many unfinished projects, but that aside,
I recently bought a Columbia Graphophone cabinet on Ebay, and although it hasn't arrived yet, I'm trying
to determine the type of motor that belongs with it.

As far as I can determine from pics on the web, I'm guessing the motor in the later AH (attached pic), will also
belong in the earlier cabinet (second attached pic)?

I would appreciate any advice, as well as any information about the type of sound box that goes with the earlier model.

Thanks in advance.

Ade :D
Attachments
Later Model
Later Model
Early model case
Early model case

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Columbia Graphophone Model AH Centre Crank

Post by Phonofreak »

The motor in the top picture is correct for your AH. The later fancy cased AH used the later motor. This model was short lived until the later case AH came out in 1904. Your machine used the early fancy case until the stock ran out. Then Columbia used the later case. Good luck with your project.
Harvey Kravitz

SydneyAde
Victor I

Post by SydneyAde »

Phonofreak wrote:The motor in the top picture is correct for your AH. The later fancy cased AH used the later motor. This model was short lived until the later case AH came out in 1904. Your machine used the early fancy case until the stock ran out. Then Columbia used the later case. Good luck with your project.
Harvey Kravitz

Hi Harvey

Thanks very much for that information, and also for such a quick response, appreciated.

Regards Ade

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Glad to help.
Harvey Kravitz