Edison Standard A serial number lookup

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Edison Standard A serial number lookup

Post by phonogfp »

tomb wrote:I think George published an article on data plates in the PBS and maybe that with your list it could give some good information.
That wasn't me, but Martin. Martin's article on Standard Data Plates and his Standard spreadsheet are posted on the APS web site (although I'm sure PBS would love to have them too).
tomb wrote:Two thing George: can I use that data with out infringing as I had to change some stuff on the RCA info, and do you have a possible date when the book will come out. ???? I understand that anything printed before 1925 is not copyrighted. Tom B
I've re-read this several times, but cannot understand what you're asking regarding data. I have no RCA data, and have not published the Edison sales data.

As for the projected book, it's not mine. I have no idea when or if it will be published.

George P.

Lucius1958
Victor VI

Post by Lucius1958 »

tomb wrote:Look at the plate as to how the eights are made. they look like an S with a line thru it. Tom B
That's exactly how it looks on my Home A: I thought it was an anomaly...

Bill

Menophanes
Victor II

Post by Menophanes »

martinola wrote:
FYI: here's a link for the latest data sheet.
Edison_Std_Data_09_30_17.xls
Regards,
Martin
What a splendid piece of work, Martin! I am sure we are all greatly indebted to you for this; I know I am.

Oliver Mundy.

martinola
Victor III

Post by martinola »

Thanks Oliver!
I'm happy to help!
Martin

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

tomb wrote: Two thing George: can I use that data with out infringing as I had to change some stuff on the RCA info...
Okay - I think I finally understand what you're asking. You mean Martin's data on Edison Standards. With Martin's permission, you can do what you like with it. Although the APS copyright protects him, it's Martin's work, so the APS would defer to him on this.

If I've misinterpreted your question, just straighten me out and I'll do my best to answer.

George P.

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

phonogfp wrote:
tomb wrote: Two thing George: can I use that data with out infringing as I had to change some stuff on the RCA info...
Okay - I think I finally understand what you're asking. You mean Martin's data on Edison Standards. With Martin's permission, you can do what you like with it. Although the APS copyright protects him, it's Martin's work, so the APS would defer to him on this.

If I've misinterpreted your question, just straighten me out and I'll do my best to answer.

George P.
Thanks George That is what I was talking about since it was a published article Tom B

martinola
Victor III

Post by martinola »

The Edison Standard Project (ie: the excel data sheet) is meant to be used by everyone as a primary resource. I only ask for attribution on anything you use. I'm sorry that you tried to print it, I gave up that idea when I tried to print it in 2008. It's way bigger now (and grows a little every day). Good luck!

Martin