Bill K
    Attachments
    DSCN1240.JPG
    DSCN1240.JPG (123.78 KiB) Viewed 681 times

Phonofreak
    Victor VI

Re: Brunswick 3 Way Ultona Reproducer

Post by Phonofreak »

The Ultona reproducer uses pot metal fittings. It looks like it swelled and froze the joint. What you need to do is use Kroil or some other penetrating oil and apply to the fittings. After a day or so, try to see if it loosens. If it doesn't keep doing this until it moves. Unfortunately, it is a time consuming, trial and error procedure. Do this very slowly, because the parts can shatter if forced. Once you are able to separate the parts, clean all the gunk off. Then use fine sand paper to smooth the parts until you have a smooth fit so they rotate. Is that the machine you just bought? If so, congrats on a scarce, hard to find Brunswick.
    Harvey Kravitz

dutchman
    Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Thanks Phonofreak. I gave it a dose of PC Blaster penetrating oil and lo and behold it rotates again. The motor runs quiet but the gaskets need replacing. Guess I'll throw a record on the old girl and give it a whirl. Thanks Again.

Bill K

dutchman
    Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

It LIVES ! Other than the visibly bad gaskets I played a lateral and a Edison and all went well. It is missing the screw cap that holds the Ball for playing Pathé's. I hope I can find one. Guess I'll send this reproducer out for rebuild, probably Ron S.

I'm going to look at a Edison Amberola 75 Tuesday - think the spring is kaput, he listed it at $300 - if can talk him down I'm going to pick it up, I've already had a phone conversation with the gentleman. That should hold me for the winter. Cheers

Bill K

Phonofreak
    Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Glad you are sending the reproducer for a rebuild. Those bezels/retainers are pot metal, also, and tend to swell or break. What I like about your Brunswick is the early, colorful oval decal. I have the same model as you, and the table top version. To me, these are so classy.
    Harvey Kravitz

dutchman
    Victor IV

Post by dutchman »

Phonofreak wrote:Glad you are sending the reproducer for a rebuild. Those bezels/retainers are pot metal, also, and tend to swell or break. What I like about your Brunswick is the early, colorful oval decal. I have the same model as you, and the table top version. To me, these are so classy.
    Harvey Kravitz
    Roger on the bezels, I dread messing with anything pot metal. Since you have an identical machine would it be possible to get a photo of the knobs? I'm missing one and believe the one I have is a original. The knob I have stands ½ inch from the door and is ¾ in. wide. Thanks Bill K
      Attachments
      DSCN1248.JPG
      DSCN1248.JPG (117.04 KiB) Viewed 577 times