Machine stolen at Wayne NJ show 10/8/17

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Re: Machine stolen at Wayne NJ show 10/8/17

Post by brianu »

He got back to me... It turns out that he apparently took the phonograph thinking it had been abandoned. The matter has been amicably resolved. Lesson learned, no more leaving phonocrap unattended. Thank you all for your suggestions, advice and anecdotes.

OrthoFan
Victor V

Post by OrthoFan »

Hi Brian:

Many thanks for posting the follow-up. I'm glad it had a happy ending.

OF

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Glad you got the machine back, and it was a misunderstanding. As my old buddy SGT Preston of the Yukon would say, "This case is closed" :D :rose: :clover:
Harvey Kravitz
brianu wrote:He got back to me... It turns out that he apparently took the phonograph thinking it had been abandoned. The matter has been amicably resolved. Lesson learned, no more leaving phonocrap unattended. Thank you all for your suggestions, advice and anecdotes.

victorthesixth
Victor I

Post by victorthesixth »

Glad it got back to you.

marcapra
Victor V
Personal Text: Man who ride on tiger find it very difficult to dismount! Charlie Chan

Post by marcapra »

Getting something back that has been stolen, or taken by mistake, almost never happens. How did you do it? Surveillance video?

brianu
Victor V
Personal Text: on instagram as "oncedeadsound"

Post by brianu »

marcapra wrote:Getting something back that has been stolen, or taken by mistake, almost never happens. How did you do it? Surveillance video?

I managed to get in touch with him directly and we just thankfully had an honest back and forth... it was unexpected and I’m grateful for it, even if it’s just a low value item.

audiophile102
Victor IV
Personal Text: Say to yourself I am so happy hurray!

Post by audiophile102 »

brianu wrote:He got back to me... It turns out that he apparently took the phonograph thinking it had been abandoned. The matter has been amicably resolved. Lesson learned, no more leaving phonocrap unattended. Thank you all for your suggestions, advice and anecdotes.
I was a Police Officer for nearly 30 years. I don't buy the abandoned explanation. Regardless, congratulations for get your property back. Locks are installed on all kinds of things to dissuade honest people from doing something stupid. Locks don't really keep out common criminals and they don't protect very well at all from the actions of hard core criminals. So while we all celebrate the return of your phonograph, we all should learn from this instance and never assume that people are generally honest.
"You can't take the phonographs nor the money with you, but the contentment the phonographs bring may well make your life better, and happier lives make the world a better place."

Hailey
Victor III

Post by Hailey »

I wish like hell someone would "abandon" Mel B.
I could just take her, then.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

brianu wrote: It turns out that he apparently took the phonograph thinking it had been abandoned.

Uhhhh, riiiight.......

Glad you got it back.

briankeith
Victor IV
Personal Text: Jeepster

Post by briankeith »

Abandoned? At a phonograph show? Hello?