Can't identify a cylinder reproducer; came with a Fireside

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
jboger
Victor IV

Can't identify a cylinder reproducer; came with a Fireside

Post by jboger »

Folks, I need some help. I have a cylinder reproducer that I can not identify. I had to buy two machines at an auction to get the one I wanted, so now I have a second Fireside. The reproducer was wrapped up in an old envelope. I think to sell the machine with the reproducer as I am more a disk kinda guy than a cylinder man--no offense. This means I need to honestly describe what I sell, including what's wrong with it.

So, what is this thing? Is the counterbalance missing? The jewel is gone. An the only identification on it is E8563, stamped with individual punches. It seems to be well made. If fits just right into the Fireside. Is it an aftermarket piece, a more modern reproducer, is anything missing or broken?

I'm not asking about rarity or value. I just want to be able to honestly describe it. My search on the Internet has of yet not turned up what it is. I will look some more. Thanks for any help.

John B
Attachments
DSCF1494.jpg
DSCF1494.jpg (60.33 KiB) Viewed 674 times
DSCF1493.jpg
DSCF1493.jpg (80.23 KiB) Viewed 674 times
DSCF1492.jpg
DSCF1492.jpg (74.43 KiB) Viewed 674 times

rgordon939
Victor V

Re: Can't identify a cylinder reproducer; came with a Firesi

Post by rgordon939 »

That is a early Edison Ediphone Reproducer. It will play cylinders fairly well but not the he correct reproducer.

Rich Gordon

jboger
Victor IV

Re: Can't identify a cylinder reproducer; came with a Firesi

Post by jboger »

Rich: Thank you very much. Armed with the key word "Ediphone" I was quickly able to locate an example on the internet. It seems to be complete less the jewel.