Oak Brunswick 117 grille cloth

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
edisonplayer
Victor IV

Oak Brunswick 117 grille cloth

Post by edisonplayer »

Sometime ago on EBay there was an oak Brunswick 117 in the Buy It Now category.The machine's grille cloth was a maroon color.I thought it may have been original.My 117's cloth was replaced some time ago.Could the EBay 117 have been original?edisonplayer

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Re: Oak Brunswick 117 grille cloth in Machines

Post by HisMastersVoice »

Writing "in Machines" or "in Music" after the title does not dictate where your post goes. You have to visit the appropriate category, and THEN post. You do not need to write "in Machines" after the title. You actually posted this in the Yankee Trader section. I am moving this to Machines for you this time, but please read the FAQ section if you are unsure how to post topics in the right section.

http://forum.talkingmachine.info/faq.php

BiliBug
Victor Jr

Re: Oak Brunswick 117 grille cloth

Post by BiliBug »

edisonplayer wrote:Sometime ago on EBay there was an oak Brunswick 117 in the Buy It Now category.The machine's grille cloth was a maroon color.I thought it may have been original.My 117's cloth was replaced some time ago.Could the EBay 117 have been original?edisonplayer
In my experience, yes. My Model 120 had remnants of the original grille cloth which was a burnt orange or russet color. I've seen maroon, and gold also.

-B
Brunswick Model 120, Victor Victrola VV-IV (Rev E), Victor Victrola VV-XIV (Rev B), Edison Standard A and B (2)