Home repeater

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
EdisonWizard
Victor III

Home repeater

Post by EdisonWizard »

Before I ask if anyone has the parts to install a repeater, is there anyone around that could install the parts? I know holes have to be drilled and tapped (I think), and I absolutely don't trust myself to do it...not that I have the tools anyway.

I've been wanting a repeater machine for a while but a few have slipped thru my fingers and seem really expensive. Not sure if the parts and having them installed on my Home model A with 2/4 gearing would be any cheaper.

Thanks for any info!
J.F.

tomb
Victor IV

Re: Home repeater

Post by tomb »

Most of the after marked parts and repeaters I have seen are bolt on for the Home A model. They were designed so the average person could do it himself. I am not sure about later models but for them to sell the after market parts they would likely keep it to a simple installation to sell them. Tom b

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

I'm going to presume that we're talking about Edison Model D repeaters... ;)

I've had Homes with these repeaters and Triumphs with them. In my opinion, a repeater on a single-mainspring Home has limited utility. Sure, they look cool, and you can demonstrate it...once without winding... Maybe that's all you (we) really need anyway.

On the other hand, with a Triumph you can put on an interesting little instrumental, start it playing, and then show your guests around. Eventually they'll wonder how that same song keeps repeating. Of course, a Triumph with a repeater won't be as kind to your wallet.

In any event, the repeaters are fun to watch. I find that in general, men really like them, while women are more focused on other things.

George P.

EdisonWizard
Victor III

Post by EdisonWizard »

Hmm I do have that triumph model D2 I got recently, but i have no idea if they work with the diamond B and cygnet setup. I never even thought about the motor ability!

Finding one will probably be difficult as well as expensive.
J.F.