This Victor MS needed an owner!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Andreas Gramophones
Victor I

This Victor MS needed an owner!

Post by Andreas Gramophones »

I was passing through a store in the center of São Paulo and I decided to enter, when I least expected to look what I saw, a Victor MS all mistreated waiting for someone with a good heart to rescue him. I know the horn and the reproducer are not original but the rest, yes, even with the engine running. I had no doubts and I rescued him, now it will be a few weeks of work and we will have another Victor saved and active.
He was found on a road in Uruguay and brought to Brazil by a trinket dealer last week, lucky to have seen it first.
Attachments
IMG_20171017_152900460.jpg
IMG_20171017_152850854.jpg
Last edited by Andreas Gramophones on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve Levi
Victor II

Re: This Victor MS needed an owner!

Post by Steve Levi »

What an excellent find. Machine is in amazing condition for its age. Thanks for sharing! Steve

Jerry B.
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: Stop for a visit when in Oregon.

Post by Jerry B. »

What a fun find. It needs just a bit of "good history" and it will be wonderful again. Jerry

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

Wow, what a nice find. The MS is one of the most beautiful Victor machines I think. Congratulations! Looking at your other machines I am sure it will look awesome in no time.

Andreas

Andreas Gramophones
Victor I

Post by Andreas Gramophones »

Thanks guys, I'll do my best to bring you back to life. As the restoration progresses, I post photos to follow. Greetings to all Brazilians.