Reproduction 4m Cylinders: How do they stack up?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
VanEpsFan1914
Victor VI
Personal Text: I've got both kinds of music--classical & rag-time.

Re: Reproduction 4m Cylinders: How do they stack up?

Post by VanEpsFan1914 »

He sure does, you're right. Forum support is one thing but let me tell you I just checked the catalogue and may find myself with a copy of "Deep Henderson." Second choice would be "Doin' the Raccoon." What a wonderful resource for antique music.

One thing though, I collect what I like, and was thinking to fill up my collection on Billy Murray, Ada Jones, the National Promenade Band, Edison Symphony Orchestra, VAN EPS and OSSMAN, and old sketches, etc. Cheap and cheerful, and one of my other favorite music styles.

Other thing to do, is get my sagging wreck of an Amberola 30 working well enough to be worthy of one of these new cylinders, as well as the vintage BA's I also plan to collect. The Amb plays okay after a little tinkering but needs a new grill, a lot of maintenance, and a reproducer rebuild.

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

I have both of those from WDC and am sure you will like them. Some of his cylinders are on YouTube from Valecnik and can thus be previewed. Some,like "You're the Cream in My Coffee", are out of stock.

Valecnik
Victor VI
Personal Text: Edison Records - Close your eyes and see if the artist does not actually seem to be before you.

Post by Valecnik »

billybob62 wrote:I have both of those from WDC and am sure you will like them. Some of his cylinders are on YouTube from Valecnik and can thus be previewed. Some,like "You're the Cream in My Coffee", are out of stock.
The link below will take you to a youTube playlist on my channel where you can listen to the 17 titles I have from the Berlin Phonograph Works.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yUhCTA4yAY

billybob62
Victor III

Post by billybob62 »

Thanks,Bruce !