Has Anyone Purchased a Reproducer From This Guy?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Has Anyone Purchased a Reproducer From This Guy?

Post by JerryVan »

I'm referencing an eBay auction, but I think I can still ask here... This fellow from India seems to always have Orthophonic 5A reproducers. This particular one, $60 with free shipping. I've always wanted to try a 5A reproducer. Has anyone purchased from him with good results? I know some of his stuff is in poor condition, but some of it looks like it might be o.k., or at least rebuildable.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Collectible-HM ... SwY~lZ6HIk

Teak
Victor II

Re: Has Anyone Purchased a Reproducer From This Guy?

Post by Teak »

I bought the teak hmv 102, canceled the deal hours later. He said, the Money will be returned within 2-4 days. This was on october 3rd. Last message from last Friday:

Hello, please wait till monday i will transfer your money to monday.
Thanks
Salim

Nothing since then.

gramophone-georg
Victor VI
Personal Text: Northwest Of Normal

Post by gramophone-georg »

JerryVan wrote:I'm referencing an eBay auction, but I think I can still ask here... This fellow from India seems to always have Orthophonic 5A reproducers. This particular one, $60 with free shipping. I've always wanted to try a 5A reproducer. Has anyone purchased from him with good results? I know some of his stuff is in poor condition, but some of it looks like it might be o.k., or at least rebuildable.

That one's a 5B, not that it matters all that much. I don't see how it can be in "good working" condition with that isolator and missing screw.

If you just want to try a 5A for a test drive I have a pristine one whose home isn't completed yet; PM me.
"He who dies with the most shellac wins"- some nutty record geek

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I saw his reproducers. They look nice, and the price is right. He only has a feedback score of 3. Even though you have protection from pay pal, I would be a little leery. Maybe one of our Forum members has one, or look for a more experienced seller. Just my take on this.
Harvey Kravitz

Teak
Victor II

Post by Teak »

the back looks like he painted over it with black paint, very poorly as well. Maybe to hide the cracks.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

gramophone-georg wrote:
JerryVan wrote:I'm referencing an eBay auction, but I think I can still ask here... This fellow from India seems to always have Orthophonic 5A reproducers. This particular one, $60 with free shipping. I've always wanted to try a 5A reproducer. Has anyone purchased from him with good results? I know some of his stuff is in poor condition, but some of it looks like it might be o.k., or at least rebuildable.

That one's a 5B, not that it matters all that much. I don't see how it can be in "good working" condition with that isolator and missing screw.

If you just want to try a 5A for a test drive I have a pristine one whose home isn't completed yet; PM me.

Thanks. PM sent.