Unknown Reproducer

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Canuk Phonographs
Victor II

Unknown Reproducer

Post by Canuk Phonographs »

I would appreciate help with identifying this reproducer and which machine it belongs with.
Thanks in advance.

Blain
Attachments
DSC06748.jpg
DSC06749.jpg

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Re: Unknown Reproducer

Post by Phonofreak »

This is the British version of the Exhibition Junior. These were used on the early Victrola IV, and some Victor O. I believe these came out in 1911 or so. I have also seen these on the later and cheaper Zonophone machines.
Harvey Kravitz

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Post by JerryVan »

Made in the U.S.A. for the Canadian market?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (46.36 KiB) Viewed 1147 times

alang
VTLA
Personal Text: TMF Moderator

Post by alang »

JerryVan wrote:Made in the U.S.A. for the Canadian market?
Not sure if Canada used this logo? I thought the recording angel was only used in Europe. The Exhibition reproducers for HMV were made in the USA until the late teens (I think), before they started producing them in England.

Andreas

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I don't think Canadian machines used this logo. I think it was either imported or brought to Canada. I live near the Canadian border, and bought a few HMV machines in Seattle. The owners said their family member brought these machines from Canada. That's my observation.
Harvey Kravitz

Lenoirstreetguy
Victor IV

Post by Lenoirstreetguy »

As far as I know that reproducer was never sold up here by the Berliner Gram-O-Phone Company or the Victor Talking Machine Co of Canada. Berliner had their own line of distinctly Canadian machines and reproducers which slowly morphed into the Victor line starting with the first Victrola. By 1912 or so Berliner was selling the Victor line of machines. There were a few minor exceptions. One of which was Victrola 1-2, that is to say the little guy for children with the white enamel cabinet decorated with nursery rhyme images. The Canadian issue...at least in the ads...was the HMV versions with the sloped sides.

Jim