Victor O Crank

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Phonofreak
Victor VI

Victor O Crank

Post by Phonofreak »

I have a Victor O that is missing the crank. The S/N is 13,000 range and it is circa 1912. The schematic label on the bottom, shows a flat bar crank, similar to the early Victor E, Z, M, MS, and Victor I. My motor has a threaded shaft that the crank screws on. I have a temporary crank, until I get the right one. Does anyone have any information on the correct crank that I need?
Harvey Kravitz

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Victor O Crank

Post by JerryVan »

Assuming your motor is correct, I'd say you need a screw-on crank. I don't suppose they updated the label just to catch up on the crank change. The "O" was made for a very long time, with lots of variations, which you probably already knew. :)

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Jerry, the motor is correct. I to, have a hunch that the schematic label is NOS showing the earlier crank. Anyone know what crank it used?
Harvey Kravitz.

jboger
Victor IV

Post by jboger »

You might try an early VV-IV or a Vic III. I have Victor cranks that are interchangeable with these at least as far as the threads are concerned. Some of them are flat handled, while one is round, which I think came off a Vic III. Perhaps the cheaper models had the flat cranks.

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

I have a VV IV, and the crank for a Victor II through V. They fit and function properly. Right now, I have a VV IV crank on my O, but it is too big and out of proportion. Thanks for the info, though.
Harvey Kravitz

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

If anyone can show a picture of their Victor O crank side, I sure would appreciate it.
Harvey Kravitz

DrGregC
Victor I

Post by DrGregC »

Not sure that this helps much. Earlier Victor 0 with serial number 4458. The crank is flat and slotted. I believe this to be original and correct.
Attachments
vic0c.JPG
vic0c.JPG (42.31 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
vic0b.JPG
vic0b.JPG (44.67 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
vic0a.JPG
vic0a.JPG (40.84 KiB) Viewed 1244 times

Phonofreak
Victor VI

Post by Phonofreak »

Thanks so much for the info. My machine is later with a 13XXX S/N and uses a threaded crank. If anyone has a Victor O with a threaded female crank, I'd love to see pictures of it. Thanks in advance.
Harvey Kravitz