Edison model D home motor

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
chrisg
Victor III

Edison model D home motor

Post by chrisg »

I picked up an Edison Home model D very cheap. It would not hold tension so thought spring was bad. Got it home and found a gear was just spinning on the shaft. I had a spare motor so i just swapped it out. Can this gear be reattached to thw shaft. Or just find another gear ans shaft
Attachments
20171024_161847.jpg
20171024_161859.jpg
Last edited by chrisg on Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JerryVan
Victor Monarch Special

Re: Edison model D home motor

Post by JerryVan »

The gear can't be re-attached. They crack and that's what let's them go loose on the shaft. New ones can be bought from Ron Sitko.

outune
Victor IV

Post by outune »

Hi Chris- This happens frequently on these motors-- Call Ron Sitko and ask for a "19 tooth Home gear" It comes with a shoulder and set screw to secure it in place. Trying to solder the gear in place is of limited success-- and if you look carefully at your gear, it probably has a crack in it. Ron's replacement gears work great and are easy to install.

Brad Abell

Victor VI

Post by 52089 »

outune wrote:Hi Chris- This happens frequently on these motors-- Call Ron Sitko and ask for a "19 tooth Home gear" It comes with a shoulder and set screw to secure it in place. Trying to solder the gear in place is of limited success-- and if you look carefully at your gear, it probably has a crack in it. Ron's replacement gears work great and are easy to install.

Brad Abell
It's best if you file a small flat spot on the shaft where the set screw will go. Once you do that, you should have no issues. It's a very simple job.

chrisg
Victor III

Post by chrisg »

Thank you, I will give Mr Sitko a call

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

I have used J B weld on one of them and it seemed to work as long as it is not cracked Tom B