Another find of the day

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
MikeB
Victor II

Another find of the day

Post by MikeB »

I picked this machine up yesterday at a thrift store. It is not a perfect machine, but once I got it home and started to clean it up, I discovered that it was in better condition than I first thought. The reproducer was missing, (I initially figured that it had been stolen), and there were pot metal shards in there, including this fragment marked "Bellphonic." I've found that this was the name of an off-brand reproducer. Maybe the former owners gave this machine away after their Bellphonic exploded.

Here it is. A Victrola XVI, in oak, right? :D
Attachments
Victrola XVI.jpg
Victrola XVI 2.jpg
Victrola XVI 3.jpg

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Re: Another find of the day

Post by phonogfp »

Nice! VV-XVIs don't show up in oak very often.

Remove the motor board and check around (including under the horn) to see if the original Victor sound box is there. It wouldn't be the first time that happened.

Congratulations -

George P.

EdiBrunsVic
Victor IV

Post by EdiBrunsVic »

I owned a VV XVI like that one for many years. Did a key and some records come with it? Are you looking for a key?

tomb
Victor IV

Post by tomb »

You made a good buy. The oak machines clean up very well and almost look new. The gold plating seems in nice shape too. Tom B