An Early Christmas For George?

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
Aaron
Victor II

An Early Christmas For George?

Post by Aaron »

Hey everyone,

Have a look at this one!http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1182 Who's going to get this for George to sit along side his model A? Don't see this everyday. Ebay is really pulling out some lookers lately!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Aaron

Sidewinder
Victor III

Re: An Early Christmas For George?

Post by Sidewinder »

Very nice setup - but do I understand the description correctly that it is not a real Bettini attachment and horn, but the generic Pathé imitation of the Bettini system?

Aaron
Victor II

Post by Aaron »

I believe it is an actually Bettini device. I have seen some knock offs made by other companies at the times but I think this is the real deal. I think what the seller is saying is that the dealership that sold this machine was a Pathé dealer who was licensed to sell Bettini as well. George could certainly shed some light on this though.

Aaron

mariof
Victor I

Post by mariof »

Very nice item, but I believe that it is one of the Pathé copies. The 'spider' looks to be genuine, but if you look at the 'legs' they are all the same length which is not the case with the Bettini attachments. Also whilst the photographs are 'ok' surely someone selling something that is Bettini would show where it carried the name. Mario

phonogfp
Victor Monarch Special
Personal Text: "If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will." - A. Lincoln

Post by phonogfp »

Gosh - - I leave town for a few days, and when I return, Aaron is lobbying for a Christmas gift to give me? :lol: Thanks, Aaron - - it's the thought that counts... But what would I do with two of these? Bookends?! ;)

The eBay attachment is the Pathé product, manufactured under license from Bettini. The American versions have an angle adjustment just above where they secure to the horn tube. They also bear engraved identification highlighted with red paint. In any event, Bettini attachments - American or European - seldom turn up, especially with what appears to be an original horn. Nice...

Best,
George P.