Victor Talking Machine Co. Delivery Truck - 2017 Edition!

Discussions on Talking Machines & Accessories
AllWoundUp
Victor I

Re: Victor Talking Machine Co. Delivery Truck - 2017 Edition

Post by AllWoundUp »

Skihawx wrote:I like the black truck.

And the license plate!

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Post by HisMastersVoice »

VictrolaGuy - Walt wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote: ...Now what to do with them...
Store them in your attic? :roll:
Actually, that's precisely where 2 of them are at the moment. I may have to store them until I upgrade my living quarters.
Phono-Phan wrote:Great find!!! I am in the process of building a Model A Ford delivery vehicle to be logo-ed with Nipper. I have a crate for an XI with the machine inside that will be on display with it when I am done. It all started with finding a Nipper radiator ornament.
Ken
I have the radiator mascot that was used in the Rolfs' book. I always thought it would be super cool to have a delivery truck adorned with the VTMCo logo. The radiator cap my mascot is on has female threads, so that rules out the possibility of it having been on a Ford. Maybe I could have a "The Gramophone Company Ltd." Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost delivery truck instead?
travisgreyfox wrote:"Now what to do with them..."

I say you just throw them ugly things away. They are useless wooden boxes. As a matter of fact, since I'm a good guy and all I will even go pick them up to take them to the trash for you :mrgreen:
How kind! ;)
Skihawx wrote:I like the black truck.
Actually, it's brown..."Caribou" to be exact. :D
gramophone-georg wrote: Firewood? :? :?

(Flame suit zipped...)
Let's fill them with Blue Amberols first and see what happens....
AllWoundUp wrote:And the license plate!
You noticed! 8-)

drh
Victor IV
Personal Text: A Pathé record...with care will live to speak to your grandchildren when they are as old as you are

Post by drh »

HisMastersVoice wrote: Now what to do with them....
Why, buy two Colonies and a Granada and store them in the boxes. What else?

My wife is always on me about my adherence to the advice I once read and have followed ever since, anent modern stereo gear, to keep the original boxes in case I ever need to send them back for service. Somehow, I feel a true kinship with the boxes' original owner.

As to your license plate, I'm jealous: I tried to get that one here in Maryland, but somebody else already had it. Rats.

emerson
Victor III

Post by emerson »

Congratulations on the new acquisitions. Here in New Jersey, a local antique dealer told me there was a garage, where the walls were Aeolian Vocalion shipping crate panels (but would now say where it was) There is a nice Aeolian Vocalion shipping crate in Minnesota that I would like to have---just to far away. AND yes, the color of the truck is deceiving in the picture.

Phonolair
Victor III

Post by Phonolair »

I think this is a past relative of Brandon's
Scan_20171112.jpg
Can't figure out the orientation, but you get the idea
Larry Crandell

Pathe Logical
Victor II

Post by Pathe Logical »

Nice find Brandon! I have a few complete crates stashed in the house too --- the best is for a Victor XVIII.

Question: Is one of those crates really for a Granada? I can't see a lowboy, console machine fitting into any of the three crates pictured.

Enjoy your new found treasures,
Bob

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

Pathé Logical wrote:Nice find Brandon! I have a few complete crates stashed in the house too --- the best is for a Victor XVIII.

Question: Is one of those crates really for a Granada? I can't see a lowboy, console machine fitting into any of the three crates pictured.

Bob
That’s what it says on the lid! That’s the larger of the 3.

FloridaClay
Victor VI

Post by FloridaClay »

A nice find, especially with the local history.

Clay
Arthur W. J. G. Ord-Hume's Laws of Collecting
1. Space will expand to accommodate an infinite number of possessions, regardless of their size.
2. Shortage of finance, however dire, will never prevent the acquisition of a desired object, however improbable its cost.

soundgen
Victor V

Post by soundgen »

HisMastersVoice wrote:
Pathé Logical wrote:Nice find Brandon! I have a few complete crates stashed in the house too --- the best is for a Victor XVIII.

Bob
I see two of the crates appear to have hinges on them , are they original or a later addition ? Whatever does that side open on the hinges ? If so they would make a great storage place for records with a Victrola on top !

HisMastersVoice
Auxetophone

soundgen wrote:
HisMastersVoice wrote:

Bob
I see two of the crates appear to have hinges on them , are they original or a later addition ? Whatever does that side open on the hinges ? If so they would make a great storage place for records with a Victrola on top !
I’m pretty sure they added the hinges and latches and used them for storage in the attic. The Colony crates open from the side and the Granada crate opens from the top.